Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, the snow and ice have all melted. Everything looks so brown. :( But, I've been reading in other blogs that the seed catalogs are arriving. So this gives me hope. And it's a New Year. :) Yeah.
This is sedum that my neighbor gave to us. He took it from his garden and hauled it up to our house, split the plants and showed me how to plant them. This area was full of white landscape rocks which I had to move by the wheelbarrow full. But it was worth it.
Poor climbing rose bush. I should have pruned you when I had a chance. Oh Well, there's always 2009.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too! I see you are local - I'm on the Northwest side of Chicago. Despair not, seed catelogs should be out soon - I just got a mailing of cards for different seed companies and bulb centers. I'm sure the brown will turn to white and then back again a few more times yet. But soon enough the buds will start popping up. Love all your sedum. I bought 2 sedum "Autumn Joy" plants last summer and love them. Will be adding more or sure!

Landscape Resource said...

"There are lots of interesting things that you can do to this landscape. Don't be discouraged by all the browns you see. But before you start shopping for seeds and planning the landscape, think of how you plan to use the space and how much maintenance you are willing to put up with.

If you cook a lot, an organic garden of vegetable and spices would be perfect. But if you are not much of a gardener but just love to look at growing things, there are also lots of ideas that you can explore for a low maintenance garden/landscape.

Have a great time landscaping. :)"