Saturday, March 8, 2008

How to become a V.I.P. at the Garden Show

I woke up this morning and turned on wgn 720am and was listening to Mr. Fix it, Lou Manfredini. I heard him say that if you want to be a VIP at the Chicago flower and garden show on Saturday the 15th you have to be the 5th caller. So I called. I never call. I sometimes wonder who these people are that actually call radio stations hoping to win something. Well I called and sure enough it rings and a women answers the phone and says, "hi your the fifth caller". So, long story longer, I won 4 tickets to the garden show.

It's funny because I've never been to the garden show, but I was just thinking about going earlier this week. Then I looked it up and saw that it was all the way in Rosemont and cost $14 to get in on the weekend.

So is that great or what. I am a VIP. Woo Hoo. Should be fun. I think the whole VIP thing just gets us in the door at 8am and we get to see Lou Manfredini which should be interesting. I'll share more details when the tickets and information come in the mail.

P.S. quick update, some of the seeds in the coffee filters are sprouting, and some of the morning glory dwarfs are sprouting in the soil. How exciting, I guess I did something right...... So far. (Pictures to come)

No comments: